By transforming marine plastic pollution into high-performance sportswear, the UltraBOOST Parley, UltraBOOST X Parley and UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley footwear range reuses on average 11 plastic bottles per pair.
These new additions to the adidas x Parley collection not only deliver elite performance with every stride, but they also have an important purpose. The latest colourway of new footwear range makes a powerful statement about the coral bleaching crisis threatening the oceans. It’s a wake-up call to the world and takes a stand by offering a significant and collaborative approach to ending marine plastic pollution – as well as raising awareness of marine pollution and evoking positive change.
- Primeknit – wraps the foot to supply lightweight comfort and fit; made from up to 95% Parley Ocean Plastic™
- Heel fit counter system – supportive heel construction, designed to enable free motion of the Achilles; made from natural materials
- Torsion system – made from a renewable source, the system supports the foot’s natural flex from heel to toe
- Rubber outsole – made with natural material, superior grip that adapts to every runnner’s foot strike by moving in harmony with BOOST™ to provide a smoother and more flexible ride
- BOOST™ – industry-leading, ultra-responsive comfort and cushioning that stores and returns energy every time the foot hits the ground; made with renewable energy
- Parley UltraBOOST X – features the distinctive Adaptive Arch, ensuring freedom of movement during a run, for increased comfort and support
To raise awareness of the threat of marine plastic pollution, adidas united their communities of runners around the globe with a digital run, Run For The Oceans, to harness the power of sport as a catalyst to inspire positive action.
Matthias Amm, Product Category Director, adidas Running, said: “At adidas we believe that through sport we have the power to foster eco-innovation and enable our consumers to make a difference. The new white colourway we are introducing across the adidas x Parley collection aims to make not only a style statement but an environmental one too. Humanity has been waging battles against pollution of the oceans for too long, and the colourway is symbolic of the peace we need to make with the Oceans”.
Cyrill Gutsch, Parley for the Oceans Founder commented: “Every second breath we take is generated by the Oceans. Still, we are polluting them with plastic, killing their life, driving majestic creatures into extinction. Our attacks bring the largest reefs down, make them lose their colour as if they raise the while flag of surrender. Let’s make peace with the Oceans and secure the future of mankind. This new shoe is not just an item. It’s a symbol. A new way to link products to the ocean cause.”
The collection will be available to buy from 10am tomorrow, Wednesday, 28 June 2017, on adidas.co.za, and in the following adidas Performance Concept stores; Canal Walk, V&A Waterfront, Menlyn, Mall of Africa, and East Gate.
Limited pairs available.